CASE STUDYShare this
We installed and programmed a cutting-edge light installation at the prestigious new headquarters of Virgin Money in St. Andrews Square, Edinburgh.
Completion: July 2011
Location: St Andrews Square, Edinburgh
Client: FOTO-MA, Virgin Money
Equipment and systems used for this installation included:
- Traxon DOT XL9 RGB 30 Pixel Strings.
- eCue Butler XT, butler, and server running eCue Programmer Software.
- It Is located 7m above the ground over a central open stairwell – showing that our staff can work with LED product in a variety of locations.
- It consists of a backlit Barisol ‘stretch ceiling’. The Barisol is 4.2m x 4.2m in area and is printed with a stunning image of clouds and sky.
- The complex backlighting system that creates the ‘sun effect’ (which happens in real time throughout the course of the day) is made up of a matrix of 390 RGB pixels of LED, which are fixed in the roof void behind the Barisol.
- The system can also be easily overridden and switched to display other effects and presets for specific corporate events.
What We Did
The installation was developed in conjunction with the lighting designer Gavin Fraser, from the award-winning FOTO-MA architecture practice.
- We liaised with Gavin and gave him options for the lighting system, which would fit within the clients’ budget for these works.
- We created the LED pixel matrix within a 4m2, back box behind the barrisol.
- We programmed the system: Lighting cues ran over various fade times, from 30 mins, to 3 hours. Within these fade times were multiple effects.
The project highlights our ability to work as product consultants to lighting designers, to come up with working options for clients, to specify products to fit within budgets and to meet deadlines.
download file PDF (0.12mb)
View Case Studies
+44 (0) 131 551 2337Send an Enquiry