Salary - depending on experience
Black Light have an exciting position within their Installations team. Working with varying clients on interesting and challenging projects to assist in the professional and efficient installation of projects as directed by the Project Managers and Installation Manager. Ensuring that all works are carried out to the highest standards and within the timeframe set.
- Assist in the installation of both permanent and event projects
- Work away from home and at weekends if required
- Report any hazards or problems back to Installation manager
- Assist in the Installations carried out by black light
- Maintain all Tools plant and machinery
- Drive company vans
- Ensure Company Vans are maintained to the highest standards
- Ensure the company health and safety procedures are followed at all times.
- Be willing to learn new skills as required
- Be able to work alone when required.
- Take responsibility for work carried out
- Develop good working relationships with other people working on site
- Ensure suitable dress code is adhered to.
- Ensure that promises are delivered – do what you say you will do when you say you will do it.
- Ensure that the good name of black light is promoted at all times and that the our image, in the eyes of clients, is always highly professional and “friendly”
- Assist with or undertake whatever work is required to ensure the smooth running of the company.
You will have experience installing AV, lighting and sound systems as well as programming experience. In addition to this you will have knowledge of AV system components and network commissioning skills. Soldering skills are also essential. Also you must hold a full drivers licence and be prepared to work away from home.
A CSCS Card, IPAF, PASMA would also be desired but not essential. The selected candidate will be need to be as equally comfortable on a building site as in a theatre, have copious amounts of initiative and the ability to speak confidently to clients and contractors alike. Please note this role will involve travel.
Please email your interest to email@example.com in the first instance, including a CV and stating in your covering letter you confirm that you have a drivers licence.
Finance AssistantBlack Light is a leading provider of light, stage, sound and AV solutions. We come from a theatrical background and therefore have a passion for finding innovative and creative solutions to the most technical of challenges. Our track record speaks for itself: We have been supplying products and services to schools, theatres, exhibitions, conferences, trade shows, heritage centres and private clients for over 35 years.
We work closely together and have strong team ethic where everyone shares responsibility for good management practice.
We have an exciting new position for a Finance Assistant to assist the Office and Finance Manager within the Black Light office by undertaking financial and administrative tasks and dealing with customers in a professional and efficient manner. This is a full time position.
Some specific responsibilities will be:
- Inputting data onto the Black Light procurement system and other internal systems, Including Microsoft products
- Credit control
- Purchase order processing
- Payroll processing
- Answering the phone to deal with customer & supplier enquiries.
- Reception and post duties including payment taking and cash handling
- Undertaking basic administrative tasks.
- Maintain customer satisfaction and customer relations with a good telephone manner
- Any other duties as requested by the Office & Finance Manager to meet the needs of the business.
- Minute taking
To be successful in the role, you will have previous financial administration experience, excellent customer service skills, meticulous attention to detail and be computer literate.
Previous experience of payroll processing would be ideal but not essential as would previous Microsoft Nav Dynamics 2015.
In return, you will be joining an established, expanding company with a genuine opportunity to make your mark in a rewarding industry. We became Employee Owned in 2016, so the successful candidate will become part-owner of the business following a qualification period.
To apply for this role please send your CV along with a supporting cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to the volume of response, only those candidates short listed will be contacted.