CASE STUDYShare this
The Maltings Theatre
We were a key player in the revamp of the studio theatre at the Maltings Theatre in Berwick-upon-Tweed.
Completion: March 2011
Client: The Maltings
- Andolite IWBs.
- Zero88 Chilli dimmers and outstations.
- ETC Ion control desk.
- ETC Source 4 Junior.
- Selecon Rama Fresnel luminaries.
- Nexo amplifiers and speakers.
- Panasonic LCD projector.
- EEE E-Rail curtain track.
- Electric Projection Screen
Working to a very tight deadline, we provided a full package of light and AV equipment to turn an un-equipped rehearsal space - the Henry Travers Studio - into a fully-functioning professional studio theatre.
- We reviewed the plans to refurbish the 100-seat Henry Travers Studio.
- We selected and procured a full package of high-quality lighting, sound, AV and curtain equipment to fulfill the client’s brief.
- We provided a comprehensive installation service. This was done as part of an overall refurbishment programme which saw the Henry Travers Studio transformed into a state of the art ‘black box’ studio theatre and cinema.
- From the point of order to completion, the project took around four weeks – including resource scheduling, design completion and procurement.
We were able to deliver a cost-effective solution that met the technical specifications and timescale demanded by the theatre. Four weeks of intensive work resulted in the creation of a wonderfully intimate new studio space. Thanks to its revamp the Henry Travers Studio will now be available for around 90 additional music, theatre and dance performances annually, as well as digital cinema screenings.
The Maltings Theatre & Cinema is the premier performing and media arts venue for north Northumberland and the Scottish Borders. It presents hundreds of live events and over 300 film screenings annually.
download file PDF (0.22mb)
View Case Studies
"Black Light did a superb job, they were courteous and professional to deal with, and the finish they achieved was exactly to the specifications we demanded. The new Henry Travers Studio is a beautiful room, which delivers the flexibility we wanted as well as looking like a high-quality theatre space. We love it. "
Dr Miles Gregory, The Maltingsâ€™ Chief Executive & Artistic Director