CASE STUDYShare this
Manchester First Street
Black Light create a low resolution LED video facade on a new build car park at Manchester First Street.
We were chosen for this project as a qualified and trusted supplier and installer of Traxon LED products, who also offered the best value solution with the required skill-set to complete the project.
Completion: March 2015
Client: Carillion / ASK Developments
- 9680no Traxon LED Dots, Rivets and Dot Clips
- 3no e:Cue Video Micro Converters
- e:Cue LAS 2 FX Server
- 60no Power Supplies
- Fibre Optic Link between server and facade
As part of this redevelopment Black Light were commissioned to deliver a large format LED facade which can be used as a low resolution video.
We worked closely with the manufacturer of the facade panels to ensure the interfacing of our systems to theirs was seamless.
A total of 9680 individual dots were riveted to the facade and individually addressed to create the control map.
Traxon LED Dots were chosen as the ideal solution for this project as they are an ultra-bright, fully-customisable solution for creative and demanding media projects.
By combining these with e:Cue Video Micro Converters and an e:Cue LAS 2 FX Server, we were able to offer complete control of the facade at individual pixel level.
- We worked closely with the client and contractor to ensure our solution was practical for the project
- System design, including product demonstrations, providing schematics and layot drawings, whilst ensuring everything worked correctly with the facade
- Working closely with the facade manufacturer to ensure the interfacing worked correctly
- Installing, commissioning and programming, plus after-sales support and client training
The main challenge faced on this project was the sheer number of LEDs to be installed, then the programming of the system.
We were also required to work at heights from Mast Climbers during the installation, whilst adhering to strict site time-scales, which was an added challenge considering the inconsistent weather during the construction period.