CASE STUDYShare this
M&Co Fashion Video
We designed and installed the lighting, staging and sound equipment for the video shoot for M&Co.’s autumn and winter fashion advert.
Completion: September 2011
Location: Pyramid Business Centre, Bathgate, West Lothian
Client: Freak Works
The equipment and systems that we installed included:
- 120no. Source Four Profiles,
- Clay Paky Alpha Profile 1200s
- Robe City Skape 48
- Avolites Dimming
- Avolites Tiger Touch Lighting Desk
- 100m Prolyte H30V
- 14no. 500Kg Prolyft Motors
- 2no. 250Kg Prolyft Motors
- 35no. 2m x 1m Prolyte Stage Dexs.
The finished result, with its atmospheric and dynamic lighting effects, proves that our qualified and experienced personnel are skilled at working as part of team and can deliver the highly professional results needed on a project of this profile.
What We Did
- Based on the client brief, we designed a lighting rig that would create the look the client wanted and efficiently light the video shoot.
- We installed the lighting, staging and sound system within the client’s time frame.
- Our qualified electricians also carried out supplementary electrical work in order to install a large enough power supply.
- All rigging was undertaken by our Level 3 NRC accredited rigger.
- We had to dismantle and remove all its equipment quickly (within the client’s timeframe), leaving the shoot area clean and tidy.
Among the challenges Black Light’s team faced on the M&Co. shoot was the quick turn-around between takes. There was less than a fortnight to turn the project round from the initial client meeting to wrap, but our experienced team were more than up to the job.
The Finished Product
Filmed at the Pyramid Business Centre, Bathgate, West Lothian, the ‘Effortless Style’ video promotes M&Co.’s autumn and winter fashion range. With a retail portfolio of nearly 300 stores nationwide, M&Co. is now one of the largest privately-owned fashion retailers in the UK.
The finished video can be seen on-line at www.mandco.com
download file PDF (0.08mb)
View Case Studies
"I just wanted to say a big thank you to both of you for the shift you put in on the project. The set and the lights looked fantastic. My team was really happy working with Black Light and we were all impressed with how the company operates."
Andy Maas, Freakworks