CASE STUDYShare this
We installed an external lighting system at the recently completed, £20m sports centre at Lancaster University.
Completion: June 2012
Client: Cook Facilities Limited (Consultant: ARUP (Manchester))
- 28no Traxon Nano Liner RGB,
- Traxon XB Drivers
- eCue Butler XT
- eCue Glass Touch T6
The system, which was retro-fitted onto the finished structure, presented a number of key technical challenges. The success of the project highlights our national reach and the fact that we can offer turn-key solutions of the highest quality.
What we did
- To ensure that the project’s goals were achieved, we carried out a demonstration of equipment on site to allow the client to visualise the different options available.
- Once a final decision had been made on the system specifications, our team liaised with the key product manufacturers to ensure the timely delivery of all the required components.
- Amongst the equipment chosen was the eCue Butler XT control unit. This was specified because of its internal Astronomical Clock. This tracks daylight hours (sunrise/sunset) throughout the year. It therefore allows the Sport Centre’s lighting to be switched on automatically at sunset.
- To get the job done, we had to schedule our staff to work when the centre’s gym was out of action, after 10pm at night.
- Before handing over the project, our installation team focused and programmed the system to the client’s requirements - including the provision of override modes for special events.
As the sports centre was a brand new building when we started work on it, we had to ensure that our work complemented it aesthetically. We also had to be extremely careful that our installation was faultless and that we achieved a perfect finish.
Lead time on the project was tight, so we had to get the scheduling for the project spot on. We also had to ensure that we were utilizing in-stock products so that there were no delays.
The project called for the highest levels of technical and aesthetic performance. Our team delivered in both these areas, bringing in the project on time and on budget.