CASE STUDYShare this
Black Light installs affordable interior and exterior lighting solution for an Edinburgh City Centre boutique hotel.
We were commissioned to replace the original, non-functioning exterior lights whilst adding some additional lighting in the entrance foyer to highlight ceiling architecture
Completion: July 2015
Client: Ballantrae Group
- 6no Luvium LED Flood 50w 2700k
- 7.5m Warm White Flexistrip LED
We looked at a range of solutions for this, including a range of up and down lighting to the building facade, however due to the current economic climate the hotel opted for a standard up lighting option involving 6no LED flood lights situated below ground level.
For the exterior lighting we utilised Luvium LED floods as these allowed for a high quality of light at an affordable price. We also fitted gel attachments to enable the hotel to change the colour scheme if required in the future.
For the internal lighting, 7.5m of warm white LED flexistrip lighting was used, meaning we could install a 'hidden' fitting whilst outputting a high level and quality of light.
- On our initial visit we completed a full inspection of the current system, including cabling and power requirements, then discussed what the hotel's full requirements were for lighting
- We then examined the available options and came up with a number of proposals which were discussed in full with the hotel
- Once a decision had been made on the best option for the client, we arranged a convenient installation date and completed all installation work on the same day
- We then returned at night to focus and commission the exterior lighting correctly
"We are happy with the lighting, especially the cove lighting. It's all looking good, thank you." Gail, Albany Hotel